With guest speaker Ciarán Staunton
Topic “Newbridge House Development Plan”
The Community Council would like to invite anyone with an interest in their community to attend our A.G.M.
We are also looking for people to put their name forward for election to the Community Council.
Donabate Portrane Community Council was establised in 1941 (formely Donabate Parish Council) and has a long history of working for the benefit of the community. It aims to represent and inform wider Donabate Portrane Community by:
• Promoting the peninsula as a positive and inclusive area
• Responding to local issues including, planning and developement, quality and improvement of local services
• Supporting local clubs and community groups
• Keeping local residents informed of local developments via our half-yearly Newsletter, our website, facebook page and e-mail updates.
Some of our more recent achievements:
• Informing the community of the St. Ita’s Hospital Redevelopement plan and working with multiple community groups to make submissions to planning application.
• Re-launcing Tidy Towns subcommittee.
• Helping establish and run The Bleeding Pig Cultural Festival.
• Facilitating the setting up of the new secondary school.
• Helping to get the oversized sewage treatment plant stopped.
• Reducing the density of new housing developement on the recent Local Area Plan.
We are looking for new members to continue working on making our community a better place.
If have an interest in helping to shape the future of your community, please come along and volunteer.
Nominations can also be submitted by e-mail via firstname.lastname@example.org